-   -   Help with Excel formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42204-help-excel-formula.html)

bb

Help with Excel formula

Hi, I'm trying to write an Excel formula in cell G9 to say the following:

If the sum of C9 and F9 times 5 is less than $1,000, show the result of C9
and F9 times 5. Otherwise, show $1,000. I know the formula below is
incorrect but I have no idea how to fix it. Also, I think I will probably
have to include something that will format the 1000 so that it will appear as
$1,000 (with the dollar sign and comma).

=IF(((C9+F9)*2)<1000,G9,1000)

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Rowan

=IF((C9+F9)*5<1000,(C9+F9)*5,1000)

Format as Currency.

Hope this helps
Rowan

"bb" wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to write an Excel formula in cell G9 to say the following:

If the sum of C9 and F9 times 5 is less than $1,000, show the result of C9
and F9 times 5. Otherwise, show $1,000. I know the formula below is
incorrect but I have no idea how to fix it. Also, I think I will probably
have to include something that will format the 1000 so that it will appear as
$1,000 (with the dollar sign and comma).

=IF(((C9+F9)*2)<1000,G9,1000)

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Aladin Akyurek

G9:

=MIN(1000,5*(C9+F9))