-   -   do I have to manually change PER to amortize a loan out 40 years? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42173-do-i-have-manually-change-per-amortize-loan-out-40-years.html)

ldk

do I have to manually change PER to amortize a loan out 40 years?

I'm amortizing 40-year notes using PPMT to calculate the principal payment.
For each monthly payment I have to manually change PER in the formula to
update the schedule. Is there another way to do this? I'm using Excel 2003.

Morrigan

You can replace PER with ROW() if 1st payment being on row1, or ROW()-1
if payment being on row2, etc.

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094