-   -   Excel for inventory aging? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/41862-excel-inventory-aging.html)

Patrick

Excel for inventory aging?

I am looking for an EXCEL template or formulas to calculate inventory shelf
life by days. Something like an accounts receivable aging report. Is this
possible? If so, how?

Conrad Carlberg

Entirely possible, depending on what you have available to hand off to
Excel. I know of no appropriate templates, but have a look, on Amazon
perhaps, at Business Analysis with Excel. It has about 30 pages on using
Excel for inventory valuation. In the interest of full disclosu (1) I
wrote it, and (2) using the techniques it describes, I reduced a Baby Bell's
inventory from $24 million to under $10 million in two years, without
writeoffs. This stuff works.

C^2
Conrad Carlberg

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005