Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Standardizing Addresses Help

We have many people entering addresses into the main database and by
the time we get them the addresses are not in any standard format,
i.e, Street, St, St., RR 1, Rt. 1, Rt 1, etc. I'm creating a macro
that will examine known problems and change to the new standard but
have come across a problem when the search string ends with characters
that need to be changed. Here's an example,

501 East Station St as entered should convert to

501 E. Station St. East to E. & Street to St.

The problem is when checking for St and replaceing with St. will also
change Station to St.ation

Selection.Replace What:=" St", Replacement:=" St.", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=True, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

This will only happen when the text is at the end of the string as I'm
checking for leading and following spaces on the other scans.

Hope this makes sense and someone can provide a work around.

thx

Normalizing/Standardizing Data Stumped Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 10th 09 02:12 PM
Standardizing Street Addresses in a Large Address Database [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 4th 08 05:58 PM
Standardizing date scale in a scatter plot Morgs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 11th 07 02:16 PM
addresses Oggy Excel Programming 2 April 7th 07 02:04 PM
Standardizing Page Set Up for Muliple Sheets JOUIOUI Excel Programming 5 June 21st 06 12:06 PM