-   -   Make an =if show - instead of 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/41699-make-%3Dif-show-instead-0-a.html)

Cube Farmer

Make an =if show - instead of 0

='Accounts Payable'!L3

I want this formula to show - if it is "0" .
The Accounts Payable L3 is also a formula.
Is an if error required?

Thanks for any help.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Cube

You can use IF

=IF('Accounts Payable'!L3=0,"-",'Accounts Payable'!L3)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Cube Farmer" wrote in message ...
='Accounts Payable'!L3

I want this formula to show - if it is "0" .
The Accounts Payable L3 is also a formula.
Is an if error required?

Thanks for any help.

Coolboy55

Couldn't you just format the target cell as Accounting number type?

--
Coolboy55
Coolboy55's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26508

Duke Carey

An alternative to Ron's suggestion is to format the cell using Currency or
Accounting formats. These still leave the cell's value as zero, but display
a hyphen.