-   -   How to protect different cells by diff. passwords? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/41242-how-protect-different-cells-diff-passwords.html)

Mlavi

How to protect different cells by diff. passwords?

I am creating a shared work book and want fifferent users to update only
parts of the shared work dook

Paul Moles

Its a bit of a work around and not very elegant but can you seperate the
entries onto different sheets each with a different password and then
amlgamate the totals onto a further sheet.

"Mlavi" wrote:

I am creating a shared work book and want fifferent users to update only
parts of the shared work dook

Dnereb

If you have data to be entered by diffrent users go for a database.
security and restricting access is much better to do.

--
Dnereb
Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26182