-   -   Simple selection, but hey, I'm no guru!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/41002-simple-selection-but-hey-im-no-guru.html)

Director

Simple selection, but hey, I'm no guru!!

I have a small table of data ranging from column A to column D running from cells 5 to 11. Lower down the sheet I need to select from the items in column A and I am currently using a "Validation" drop down box to do this. I would like to populate another cell with the data on the same row on column D.
Eg
A B C D
5 egg scrambled
6 bacon fried
7 sausage grilled
8 toast toasted
etc
If I select "egg" from my drop down list in cell B17, I would like to have "scrambled" entered into cell B18.
Sorry if this doesn't test you too much, and many thanks in advance to those who help out!!

Domenic

Try...

=VLOOKUP(B17,A5:D8,4,0)

OR