-   -   Conditional formatting a full row triggered by a single cell reference... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/40759-conditional-formatting-full-row-triggered-single-cell-reference.html)

neilcarden

Conditional formatting a full row triggered by a single cell reference...

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering is it possible to (conditional) format say a row of 8 consecutive cells based on the value of seperate single cell? and if so, how would i do it?

ie if the cell was "No" then the row would have background colour Red
and if the cell was "Yes" then the row would turn green.

I've tried to use the conditional format tool, but it just changes the cell where the yes or no would be.

Thanks
Neil

Morrigan

Say A1 is your reference cell, try the following:

Highlight B1:J1
Conditional Formatting
Formula is - =A1="Yes" (Green)
Formula is - =A1="No" (Red)