-   -   How can I get the XIRR funct to work for a positive first number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/40522-how-can-i-get-xirr-funct-work-positive-first-number.html)

Asiapro

How can I get the XIRR funct to work for a positive first number?

How can I get the XIRR function to work for a positive number in the first
value cell? The XIRR works when you cut and paste the HELP example on
Microsoft's home page but not when you input real values. I already completed
the Add-in step.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:06:08 -0700, "Asiapro"
wrote:

How can I get the XIRR function to work for a positive number in the first
value cell? The XIRR works when you cut and paste the HELP example on
Microsoft's home page but not when you input real values. I already completed
the Add-in step.

XIRR will work perfectly fine with the first number being positive.

If it is not working for you, than the problem lies elsewhere.

Perhaps if you supply more information ...

--ron