-   -   How to hide unused cells when running accumulated totals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/40311-how-hide-unused-cells-when-running-accumulated-totals.html)

grano2

How to hide unused cells when running accumulated totals

I am running 2 columns to do accumulated totals. I have a formula such as
this: Cell b2 = a2+b1,
Cell c2 = b2+c1 ect.
I want to hide the accumulated totals until the cell in column one gets a
value. How can I accomplish this?
Thanks
grano2

Kassie

Hi

Instead of =A2+B1, use =IF(A2="","",A2+B1) B2+C1 will change to

=IF(B2="","",B2+C1)

--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa