-   -   delete #N/A's in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/39982-delete-n-excel.html)

Mjoddie

delete #N/A's in Excel

How do I get the N/A's in cells to not appear after doing a vlookup and there
is no value that match in the 2 spreadsheets? What I have is a complete
inventory and movement of my product and I bring in a customers inventory and
they do not stock all the numbers in my line. In any cell that the customer
does not stock my product I get a #N/A.

David Billigmeier

Hello -
You can add a check before doing the vlookup:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...))

Hope that helps,
--
David Billigmeier

"Mjoddie" wrote:

How do I get the N/A's in cells to not appear after doing a vlookup and there
is no value that match in the 2 spreadsheets? What I have is a complete
inventory and movement of my product and I bring in a customers inventory and
they do not stock all the numbers in my line. In any cell that the customer
does not stock my product I get a #N/A.

Alan

=IF(ISNA(Your Vlookup Formula)),"Value, error message or
whatever",VLOOKUP(Your VLOOKUP Formula))
Regards,
Alan.

"Mjoddie" wrote:

How do I get the N/A's in cells to not appear after doing a vlookup and there
is no value that match in the 2 spreadsheets? What I have is a complete
inventory and movement of my product and I bring in a customers inventory and
they do not stock all the numbers in my line. In any cell that the customer
does not stock my product I get a #N/A.

David, I have copied my formula =VLOOKUP(A7,'Fuel
Pumps'!$A$2:$D$134,4,FALSE) Where would I put your check?

Mjoddie

I get it. You do not write Quot you put a " mark in!!

Thank you,

Mike

"Mjoddie" wrote:

How do I get the N/A's in cells to not appear after doing a vlookup and there
is no value that match in the 2 spreadsheets? What I have is a complete
inventory and movement of my product and I bring in a customers inventory and
they do not stock all the numbers in my line. In any cell that the customer
does not stock my product I get a #N/A.

David Billigmeier

The double quotation mark ("") will output a blank space. Change that to
whatever you want your error message to read (i.e. "no match")

--
David Billigmeier