-   -   Recognizing Numbers or names as duplicates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/39310-recognizing-numbers-names-duplicates.html)

texansgal

Recognizing Numbers or names as duplicates

I am wondering if there is any way to program Excel to be able to prevent
duplicating a number or a name. I can't have it sorted by either of these, I
must have it sorted by date...

Thanks,
Vanessa

Gord Dibben

Prevention of duplicates......

See Chip Pearson's site

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm

At bottom of that page see links to other functions like highlighting
duplicates, deleting duplicates and others.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP