-   -   copy the conditional sum (SUMIF) formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/39298-copy-conditional-sum-sumif-formula.html)

Megs

copy the conditional sum (SUMIF) formula

Is it possible to copy the conditional sum add-in formula over to additional
cells? If so, how? I have never been able to get the formula to drag and
copy.

Bob Phillips

It is probably because you don't have your absolute and relative references
correct. Generally, if sat using SUMIF, it should be of the form

=SUMIF($A$2:$A$100,M1,$B$2:$B$100)

that is the condition range and the sum range should be absolute, the value
to test for should be relative.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Megs" wrote in message
Is it possible to copy the conditional sum add-in formula over to

additional
cells? If so, how? I have never been able to get the formula to drag and
copy.

David McRitchie

Hi Megs,
What is the address of the formula, and what is the formula, and
what direction are you trying to drag the formula, and what formula
do you want to see in the second cell..

I am assuming this is strictly a SUMIF formula.

for instance
C3: =sumif(A1:A3,100) .
perhaps should have been started at
A1: =SUMIF($A$1:$A3, 100)