-   -   To clear visable cells in a subtotal - can it be done? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/39199-clear-visable-cells-subtotal-can-done.html)

NoelH

To clear visable cells in a subtotal - can it be done?

Hi
I have created a subtotal for a sheet, is it now possible to delete the
contents of the visble cell (s) in a column, on the visable cells only?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards Noel

Adrian M

The GOTO Special tools (see http://www.auditexcel.co.za/othertools.html to
see how it works) has an option to choose the visible cells only in an area.
You should then be able to delete them. If I have misunderstood the question
please rephrase.

"NoelH" wrote:

Hi
I have created a subtotal for a sheet, is it now possible to delete the
contents of the visble cell (s) in a column, on the visable cells only?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards Noel

Paul Skinner

On 8/8/05 2:27 PM, in article
, "NoelH"
wrote:

Hi
I have created a subtotal for a sheet, is it now possible to delete the
contents of the visble cell (s) in a column, on the visable cells only?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards Noel

Try
Select first visible cell in column press control-shift-down arrow to select
the visible cells in that column. Then Edit Menu -Clear-Contents
Paul