-   -   How do I have a IF AND formula read 2 different cells to be true (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/38782-how-do-i-have-if-formula-read-2-different-cells-true.html)

parkmac

How do I have a IF AND formula read 2 different cells to be true

I want to create a conditinal function that references 2 cells to be true -
this is what I have used for the formula but it is not referencing the C29
value to be true before doing the rest.

for example:
=IF(AND(C29="X",G29<L29),1,G29/L29)

Thanks for your help

JE McGimpsey

What do you want to happen if C29<"X"?

In article ,
"parkmac" wrote:

I want to create a conditinal function that references 2 cells to be true -
this is what I have used for the formula but it is not referencing the C29
value to be true before doing the rest.

for example:
=IF(AND(C29="X",G29<L29),1,G29/L29)

Thanks for your help

Tim C

I think this is what you are trying to do:

=IF(C29="X",IF(G29L29,1,G29/L29),"")

Which could also be done this way:

=IF(C29="X",MIN(G29/L29,1)),"")

Tim C