-   -   International number separator (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/38612-international-number-separator.html)

bibi

International number separator

Hello,

I have a simple question but I didn't find yet the solution.

I use an excel spreedsheat with number providing from the web. All
numbers are with . separator means : 123.45 !

But I use also an international number which is only with ',' like
123,45.

Would you please tell me where to find the solution to put a proper
formula in each cells ?

I also need to detect the choice of '.' or ',' because we will are lot
people to use this excel spreedsheat.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Best regards.

Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Jon Quixley

Bibi,

I suppose from your signature that you are using a non english set up.
In the french set up, the decimal is often set as a comma and the
thousands seperator as a point. In the english set up this is reversed.
This would look like this: 1.054,54 or 1,054.54. If a computer with a
UK/US setup is shown both of these, it will assume that the first one
is less than 2 and probably ignore the ,54 or could even throw it into
the next cell.
As far as I know you can't have both systems on the same computer and
in fact you have to define what punctuation mark (comma or point) you
intend to use as a decimal seperator (Start/Settings/Control Panel/
Regional Options)

One or the other, but not both - you will have to try a majority vote!

--
Jon Quixley
Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25803