-   -   Averaging Values in Auto Filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/38528-averaging-values-auto-filter.html)

Mr. Jan Park

Averaging Values in Auto Filter

I'm using Excel 2000 to track some travel expenses. At the top of each
expense column I setup a cell that calculates the averages for the values
contained in the column using the AVERAGE function. I also have enabled auto
filter for each column. Currently, the AVERAGE function performs its
calculation for the entire range within each column, even when I select a
subset of entries using the auto filters. What I would like to do is somehow
setup my spreadsheet so the averages are calculated for whatever range I
select using the auto filters. I want the average calculations to adjust
according to the auto filters. Please let me know how I can do this.

Thank You!
Mr. Jan Park

Domenic

Use the SUBTOTAL function...