-   -   How to add numbers in a column dependant on their colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/38440-how-add-numbers-column-dependant-their-colour.html)

24 Jan 05

How to add numbers in a column dependant on their colour

I have a spreadsheet with numbers in 2 different colours in each column. Is
there a formula I can use to total only numbers in one colour?

Bob Phillips

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html, but note the
constraints

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"24 Jan 05" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with numbers in 2 different colours in each column.

Is
there a formula I can use to total only numbers in one colour?

bj

it depends on how thee colors are applied.
If the colors are from conditional or custom formating. the same criteria
for the formating can be used in a sumproduct() or similar formula.
If the colors were changed by hand, a macro will be needed.
something like the one in
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm