-   -   advanced filter a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/38096-advanced-filter-range.html)

Il Principe

advanced filter a range

Hi,

I am trying to filter a number of rows according to the entry in one of the
columns, using the advanced filer option and copying to another location.
Each of the columns has a heading.

I have tried to use the Advanced Filter function, but I am confused as to
what range exactly to select in the three fields: list range; Criteria range
and Copy to and Unique records only.

For clarity, imagine I have 10 rows and 3 columns. The third column can
either have two entries: No and Yes. Basically, I want to extract all rows
where the third columd is Yes.

Thanks for the help

Alan

Some excellent advice to be seen here, on Debra Dalgleish's site
Contextures.com
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
Regards,
Alan.
"Il Principe" <Il wrote in message

I am trying to filter a number of rows according to the entry in one of
the
columns, using the advanced filer option and copying to another location.
Each of the columns has a heading.

I have tried to use the Advanced Filter function, but I am confused as to
what range exactly to select in the three fields: list range; Criteria
range
and Copy to and Unique records only.

For clarity, imagine I have 10 rows and 3 columns. The third column can
either have two entries: No and Yes. Basically, I want to extract all rows
where the third columd is Yes.

Thanks for the help

Debra Dalgleish

Set up a criteria area with a heading cell the same as the heading on
the third column. In the cell below, type Yes.

The list range is your main table.
The copy to is the starting cell where you want to export the extracted
list.
Check the Unique records only if you don't want duplicate records in the
extracted list.

There are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List