-   -   look up number in column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/37896-look-up-number-column.html)

eioval

look up number in column

I have a spread sheet with three columns. I need to type a number and look up
a number in a cell. My objective is to look up number a column and retreive
the next largest number from that cell. Ignoring remaining numbers in the
column. The column is in ascending order.

cell k10: input number cell example 500
column a: b: c:

I need to return the number 510

thanks Jimmy Lavoie

KL

Hi,

Try this:

=INDEX($C$1:$C$6,MATCH(K10,$C$1:$C$6)+1)

Regards,
KL

"eioval" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet with three columns. I need to type a number and look
up
a number in a cell. My objective is to look up number a column and
retreive
the next largest number from that cell. Ignoring remaining numbers in the
column. The column is in ascending order.

cell k10: input number cell example 500
column a: b: c:

I need to return the number 510

thanks Jimmy Lavoie

eioval

THANKS!!

"KL" wrote:

Hi,

Try this:

=INDEX($C$1:$C$6,MATCH(K10,$C$1:$C$6)+1)

Regards,
KL