-   -   If Then Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/37444-if-then-formulas.html)

Kathy-Anne

If Then Formulas

Hi, I am using Excel 2000. I have several sheets in a workbook and am trying
to create a formula so that when specific words are in a cell in one sheet,
they appear (but as a differnt word) on another in the appropriate cell.

EG: Sheet 3 - ARL, CL, SL, LSL, etc all to appear on Sheet 1 as LEAVE?

Sheet 1 is an overview of the other sheets in the workbook an only needs
high level detail.

Thanks for any advise. Kat

CLR

Maybe something like this on Sheet 1 and copied down............

=IF(OR(Sheet3!A1="ARL",Sheet3!A1="CL",Sheet3!A1="S L",Sheet3!A1="LSL"),"LEAVE
","")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kathy-Anne" wrote in message
Hi, I am using Excel 2000. I have several sheets in a workbook and am

trying
to create a formula so that when specific words are in a cell in one

sheet,
they appear (but as a differnt word) on another in the appropriate cell.

EG: Sheet 3 - ARL, CL, SL, LSL, etc all to appear on Sheet 1 as LEAVE?

Sheet 1 is an overview of the other sheets in the workbook an only needs
high level detail.

Thanks for any advise. Kat

Kathy-Anne

Hi Chuck, thanks for your response - took me a couple of go's to get it right
but (my error!). thanks very much - works a treat.

Have a great weekend,
the much less stressed Kat from Australia

"Kathy-Anne" wrote in message
Hi, I am using Excel 2000. I have several sheets in a workbook and am

trying
to create a formula so that when specific words are in a cell in one

sheet,
they appear (but as a differnt word) on another in the appropriate cell.

EG: Sheet 3 - ARL, CL, SL, LSL, etc all to appear on Sheet 1 as LEAVE?

Sheet 1 is an overview of the other sheets in the workbook an only needs
high level detail.

Thanks for any advise. Kat

CLR

You're welcome............thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3