-   -   'IF' Statement for a Concaterate Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/37010-if-statement-concaterate-formula.html)

addie

'IF' Statement for a Concaterate Formula

Hi,

I need an "IF" function for the concaterate formula that I'm working on
below:

Reference & Element = Consolidation
222 & 10000 = 22210000 = CORRECT
" " & 10000 = 10000 = WRONG

The consolidation field can only be populated with characters if both
the reference and element fields are populated. If either 'Reference'
or 'Element' is missing characters, the consolidation field must be not
be populated with any characters. It must simply read 'false' or
'blank'.

Thanks.

--
addie
addie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25526

Govind

Hi,

Use

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),ISBLANK(B1)),"",A1&B1)

where column A has reference and column B has element. copy it to the
range you need.

Govind

addie wrote:
Hi,

I need an "IF" function for the concaterate formula that I'm working on
below:

Reference & Element = Consolidation
222 & 10000 = 22210000 = CORRECT
" " & 10000 = 10000 = WRONG

The consolidation field can only be populated with characters if both
the reference and element fields are populated. If either 'Reference'
or 'Element' is missing characters, the consolidation field must be not
be populated with any characters. It must simply read 'false' or
'blank'.

Thanks.

addie

Govind,