-   -   Spinner macro for Pivot Tables. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36842-spinner-macro-pivot-tables.html)

KipNowlin

Spinner macro for Pivot Tables.

I need help creating a spinner macro for Pivot Tables. I have seen how they
work on Contextures.com. but don't understand how to create one. Ms.
Dalgleish referred my question to this board.

I am competent in Excel and comfortable with recording basic macros, but do
not know VBA at all. Is this doable for someone at my level? I am using
Office 2003.

Thanks.
Kip

Vasant Nanavati

What is a "spinner macro for pivot tables?"

--

Vasant

"KipNowlin" wrote in message
I need help creating a spinner macro for Pivot Tables. I have seen how
they
work on Contextures.com. but don't understand how to create one. Ms.
Dalgleish referred my question to this board.

I am competent in Excel and comfortable with recording basic macros, but
do
not know VBA at all. Is this doable for someone at my level? I am using
Office 2003.

Thanks.
Kip

KipNowlin

In Pivot Tables, you can create Page Break fields. This macro attaches to a
button in the spreadsheet and will toggle through all of the options in the
list, without having to drop down the list and selecting a value then
clicking on OK, and then repeating it for all the values in the list.

I understand the concept, and can create the button easily, but there I am
stuck. I use Pivot Tables extensively in my work, and want to add this
valuable tool to them.