-   -   multiple and round (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36664-multiple-round.html)

Heather Gilroy

multiple and round

I need to take the (variable) cost price times 1.67 (fixed) and then have the
result round (up or down) to the nearest 9th.
Example
cost 1.27 x 1.67 = 2.1209
rounded result = 2.09
Please Help! Thanks!

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=CEILING(A1*1.67,0.1) - 0.01

Note, I assumed you wanted it rounded up to the nearest dollar amount
ending in 0.x9, not the nearest 9th.

In article ,
"Heather Gilroy" <Heather wrote:

I need to take the (variable) cost price times 1.67 (fixed) and then have the
result round (up or down) to the nearest 9th.
Example
cost 1.27 x 1.67 = 2.1209
rounded result = 2.09
Please Help! Thanks!