-   -   sumif function with a difference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36604-sumif-function-difference.html)

ozcank

sumif function with a difference

Hi All

Ok, what I'm trying to do is a variation of the sumif function. I have
a list of stores, which are categorised and have an associated value
with them. I am trying to sum these values by category but i want to
ignore vlaue below a certain threshold. Ie

Store Value Category
1 5 A
2 7 C
3 2 A
4 6 D
5 9 A
6 1 D
7 4 D

I want to be able to write a sumif function to give me total of values
by each category but ignore any values less than 2f for example.
In effect, I'm trying to add an 'AND' condition to
'SUMIF(B4:B19,E4,A4:A19)'.

Does ths make sense? Does anyone have any ideas?

Many many thanks in advance

Oz

--
ozcank

ozcank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5328
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389320

KL

Hi ozcank,

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((C4:C19="A")*(B4:B19=2)*B4:B19)

Regards,
KL

"ozcank" wrote in
message ...

[...]

aristotle

Not sure I understand the 2f bit?

"ozcank" wrote:

[...]

Gordon

"aristotle" wrote in message
Not sure I understand the 2f bit?

I think that was a typo!

ozcank

sorry typoe error, the 2f should just be 2. i'm trying add any values
greater than 2 for the ocrresponding rows.

--
ozcank

ozcank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5328
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389320

ozcank

thanks KL, your suggestion worked a treat.

cheers

Oz

--
ozcank