-   -   summing up contents on ceratin cells depending on selection criter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36535-summing-up-contents-ceratin-cells-depending-selection-criter.html)

Charles

summing up contents on ceratin cells depending on selection criter

I have a worksheet with 4 columns an may rows. Column B and C have Lastname
(Column B) and First Name (Column C) in Column D I have a value lets say a
dollar amount. I would like to write a formula were I want to look for
"Smith" "Joe" and sum up the "Dollars". I can have many entries for "Smith
Joe".
I tried the sum with the If but does not seem to work.

KL

Hi Charles,

Try this one:

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100&C1:C100="SmithJoe")*D1:D100)

or

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100="Smith")*(C1:C100="Joe")*D1:D 100)

Regards,
KL