-   -   Suming up a Lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36532-suming-up-lookup.html)

Byan

Suming up a Lookup

I am trying to take a word and sum up from a different spread sheet that has
a list of words and amounts in the cell next to the word. I want a cell that
will find that word in the list and sum up the amounts that are next to that
word every time it comes up. There is examples below. How ever my list is
going to be a lot longer, just need an equation to get started.

For example my list would be:
A B
6 Added Life 200
7 Total 1,160

I am trying to get a Cell on another Page to display the totals of each,
example:
A B
3 Added Life 200
4 Total 1,160

Thanks anyone that can help

Duke Carey

=sumproduct(--(Sheet1!A1:A1000="Upgrade"),Sheet1!B1:B1000)

ought to do it for you