Old January 12th 18, 07:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I count items in a filtered list?

oand wrote:

On Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 7:10:09 PM UTC+2, N Harkawat wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This worked for me, thanks! Simple easy solution.

[snip]

Hello, Google Groupie. Thanks for replying to a post that is ***THIRTEEN
****ING YEARS OLD***. Yeah, I don't have a better use for my bandwidth,
thanks.

--
I could be wrong but that's never kept me from opening my mouth before.

Old July 7th 19, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 1:09:14 PM UTC-4, filtered Counting filtered data. wrote:
I have an excel spread sheet table that I filter. I would like to be able to
count the number of cells in the filtered data. Anyone know how to do this?
CountA returns the number of cells in the unfiltered data.
Tom

I could not get that to work. I am trying to count the number if names in a column. I would like to filter out some of the names based on gender or other characteristics. How do I do that?
Old July 8th 19, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sunday, 7 July 2019 21:58:32 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 1:09:14 PM UTC-4, filtered Counting filtered data. wrote:
I have an excel spread sheet table that I filter. I would like to be able to
count the number of cells in the filtered data. Anyone know how to do this?
CountA returns the number of cells in the unfiltered data.
Tom

I could not get that to work. I am trying to count the number if names in a column. I would like to filter out some of the names based on gender or other characteristics. How do I do that?

=SUBTOTAL(103,your_range)