-   -   Shadow current field box as it moves? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36473-shadow-current-field-box-moves.html)

Shadow01

Shadow current field box as it moves?

Is there a way to have the current field box in excel to be shadowed as it
moves so it is easier to see were you are in a spreadsheet. I do not like
the column / row highlight nor do I want to highlight each field.

Dave Peterson

You may want to try Chip Pearson's utility:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Be aware that with this (and most macros), you lose the ability to do Edit|Undo.

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

Shadow

Not any native Excel setting. This would require event code in VBA.

Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in does what you want.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP