-   -   sort by SUMIF results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36268-sort-sumif-results.html)

dcd123

sort by SUMIF results

I am trying to sort by sumif results to no avail! I have a specific
cell as the criteria and when I run the sort, it follows the contents
of the cell specified. Is the task I wish to complete even possible???
Here is an example:

Column A Column B

1 January =SUMIF('Points - Branches'!B:B,Standings!A1,
'Points -
Branches'!AN:AN)

2 February =SUMIF('Points - Branches'!B:B,Standings!A2,
'Points -
Branches'!AN:AN)

3 March =SUMIF('Points - Branches'!B:B,Standings!A3,
'Points -
Branches'!AN:AN)

I am trying to do a decensing sort by Column B and what happens is the
Column A sorts properly, but the numbers in Column B stay as they are
since if January moves to A3, the criteria in the B1 changes to A3
automatically.

I hope someone can help!!

Thank you!

dcd

--
dcd123
dcd123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25396

Gary L Brown

Have you tried making the criteria formula absolute?

1 January = SUMIF('Points - Branches'!B:B,Standings!$A$1,'Points -
Branches'!AN:AN)

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"dcd123" wrote:

[...]

Yes, I did try making the criteria absolute, but the cell number still
changes once the sort is run. Any other suggestions?