-   -   Conditional Formatting, date. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36117-conditional-formatting-date.html)

DissentChick

Conditional Formatting, date.

Hi there, I searched thru the posts and found some really good answers to
other questions I have, but I'm still having trouble with one thing. So far I
have found only solutions to conditionally formatting dates if they are based
off of today's date, i.e., "I want it to turn green a year from now". I have
query results pulled from Access that I would like to do a few things. My
first column has the date which a work order was last issued. The second
column is the date the work order was closed. I would like, for any date
listed, if it is longer than 30 days between the dates, for it to turn red. I
didn't know how or if I could do this for an entire column, because I have
hundreds of dates to compare and it would be illogical for me to format each
set of dates individually. I apologize if my question is overstated and the
answer is inanely simple, I am really not familiar with Excel formulas. I
appreciate your help!
--
Aaron Regular, Dissent Records
www.nbtnc.com

bj

if you first column is A and your second column is B
and you want B to change color when it is more than 30 days after Column A
select column B
formula is =B1-A130
and set your format
Note I often need to go back into the conditinal format to get rid of
unwanted quote marks and to correct for conditinal references.

"DissentChick" wrote:

[...]

Oh wow, you rock. I feel like such a goob. That's what I get for having my
head buried under Access for months. Thanks so much for your reply!