-   -   Calculations on only a selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36069-calculations-only-selection.html)

Knokie From Holland

Calculations on only a selection

How can I calculate a selection in a large worksheet. One of my worksheets
collects only the results of several other worksheets. This worksheet is
190MB and needs for a full calculation over 70 minites. Memory and processor
have enough capacity and I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003.

I wish to make a selction and calculate only this selection. Who has a
solution?

Bob Phillips

Create a toolbar button and add this code

Private Sub RangeCalculate()
Selection.Calculate
End Sub

selec t the cells, and click the button.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Knokie From Holland" <Knokie From wrote
in message ...
How can I calculate a selection in a large worksheet. One of my

worksheets
collects only the results of several other worksheets. This worksheet is
190MB and needs for a full calculation over 70 minites. Memory and

processor
have enough capacity and I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003.

I wish to make a selction and calculate only this selection. Who has a
solution?

Charles Williams

You can calculate a single sheet using shift-F9.

To calculate the selected range you can download my RangeCalc addin from
http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm

You may want to look at some methods of speeding up your calculations: start
at
http://www.decisionModels.com/optspeedd.htm
and associated pages.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Knokie From Holland" <Knokie From wrote
in message ...
How can I calculate a selection in a large worksheet. One of my
worksheets
collects only the results of several other worksheets. This worksheet is
190MB and needs for a full calculation over 70 minites. Memory and
processor
have enough capacity and I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003.

I wish to make a selction and calculate only this selection. Who has a
solution?

Knokie From Holland

Thanks Bob, it is running fast.

Knokie

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Create a toolbar button and add this code

Private Sub RangeCalculate()
Selection.Calculate
End Sub

selec t the cells, and click the button.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Knokie From Holland" <Knokie From wrote
in message ...
How can I calculate a selection in a large worksheet. One of my

worksheets
collects only the results of several other worksheets. This worksheet is
190MB and needs for a full calculation over 70 minites. Memory and

processor
have enough capacity and I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003.

I wish to make a selction and calculate only this selection. Who has a
solution?

Bob Phillips

Excellent/ Always a good feeling :-)

Bob