-   -   Help with sum up or down in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35991-help-sum-up-down-cells.html)

Kim Kappel

Help with sum up or down in cells

Hi.

I need help for the following:

I need to sum up or down the value of a cell to the nearest 5 or 10

If a cell shows 1 it must be corrected to 0
If a cell shows 7 it must be corrected to 5
If a cell shows 8 it must be corrected to 10
If a cell shows 21 it must be corrected to 20
If a cell shows 23 it must be corrected to 25

BR Kim

aristotle

Hi,

The MROUND() function available after installing Analysis Toolpak allows you
to define the rounding multiple. So if in A1 you have 4, the =MROUND(A1,5) =
5...

Tools-Addins-Analysis Toolpak to install...

"Kim Kappel" wrote:

Hi.

I need help for the following:

I need to sum up or down the value of a cell to the nearest 5 or 10

If a cell shows 1 it must be corrected to 0
If a cell shows 7 it must be corrected to 5
If a cell shows 8 it must be corrected to 10
If a cell shows 21 it must be corrected to 20
If a cell shows 23 it must be corrected to 25

BR Kim

Bob Phillips

=ROUND(A2/5,0)*5

--