-   -   comments in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35988-comments-excel.html)

EGYPTIAN SUE

comments in excel

How can I copy / cut & paste a table including all the formatting into a
comment in an excel spreadsheet

Gordon

"EGYPTIAN SUE" <EGYPTIAN wrote in message
How can I copy / cut & paste a table including all the formatting into a
comment in an excel spreadsheet

A "comment" is designed for a brief note, to add some information about the
contents of a cell, and is plain text only AFAIK. What EXACTLY are you
trying to acheive?

R.VENKATARAMAN

suppose you have entered some in cell D8 e.g. rv

you want this to be entered in comments of cell G10

try this url

Public Sub test()
Dim x As String
x = Range("d8").Value
Range("g10").AddComment x
End Sub
see whether you get what you want.
perhaps itis not possible to copy the format etc.