-   -   Counting Duplicate Entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35834-counting-duplicate-entries.html)

No_name

Counting Duplicate Entries

Good morning, everyone!

I have a formula where I need to count the number of duplcate entries for a
particular name where it matches up with a particular country. See below:

Column A Column E

Australia AB 111
Australia XXX 011
Australia AC 211
Australia XXX 011
India XXAE 211
India AB 111

I need to make the answer say Australia has 3 unique entries for Column E.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!
Stacy

Domenic

Try...

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF((A1:A6<"")*(A1:A6="Australia "),MATCH(E1:E6,E1:E6,0)
),ROW(E1:E6)-ROW(E1)+1)0,1))

or

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((A1:A6<"")*(A1:A6="Australia"),MATCH (E1:E6,E1:E6,0
)),ROW(E1:E6)-ROW(E1)+1))

Both formulas need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just
ENTER.

Hope this helps!