-   -   sort 2 or more rows of cells linked to one row of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35567-sort-2-more-rows-cells-linked-one-row-data.html)

Magdalena

sort 2 or more rows of cells linked to one row of data

I have a spread sheet with multiple rows of data. All of these rows have
several additional cells in seperate rows. Looks a little like this:

1 Session 1 Mary Company ABC
Company XYZ
2 Session 2 John Company QRS
Company TUV
I need to sort alphabeticaly by Company while keeping the Companies linked
to the appropriate sessions. Is there a way to do this? Or if I merge the
companies into one cell can I still sort alphabetically? Please help!!

Barb Reinhardt

I'd do something like what's described he
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFor...html#Duplicate

You'll need to have data in this form though:

1 Session 1 Mary Company ABC
1 Session 1 Mary Company XYZ
2 Session 2 John Company QRS
2 Session 2 John Company TUV