SSD1

Default Automatically transpose when pasting data in excel

I am collecting data that occurs in columns and want to transpose it to rows.
Can I avoid the "Paste Special/Transpose" route? Is there a way to
automatcially transpose the data every time I paste.

--
SSD1
Adrian M

You can use the traspose Array Function. Look on
http://www.auditexcel.co.za/lookupandreference.html for a video clip on the 2
methods to transpose data.

"SSD1" wrote:

I am collecting data that occurs in columns and want to transpose it to rows.
Can I avoid the "Paste Special/Transpose" route? Is there a way to
automatcially transpose the data every time I paste.

--
SSD1

Duke Carey

Not without some programming.

However, using the keyboard instead of the mouse makes it a quick and
*relatively* painless process. Use Ctrl-C to copy the data, move to the new
location and use
Alt-E then S E Enter. Takes less than a second, once you get
accustomed to it.

"SSD1" wrote:

I am collecting data that occurs in columns and want to transpose it to rows.
Can I avoid the "Paste Special/Transpose" route? Is there a way to
automatcially transpose the data every time I paste.

--
SSD1

Ashish Mathur

Assuming that your data is in the following format (nos are in the range
C6:E8)

A B C
Ashish 1 2 3
Sameer 4 5 6
Gautam 7 8 9

You can get data in the following format (transposed data) (nos are in the
range C11:E13)

Ashish Sameer Gautam
A 1 4 7
B 2 5 8
C 3 6 9

The following formula in cell C11 would do the trick

=INDEX($B$5:$E$8,MATCH(C$10,$B$5:$B$8,0),MATCH($B1 1,$B$5:$E$5,0))

Now copy it the range.

Regards,