-   -   Validation Based on a Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35365-validation-based-date.html)

JavyD

Validation Based on a Date

Is this possible. Can I place a validation on an entire column to allow or
prevent data entry of whole numbers if I set the validation to accept a
change only like so.

for January - column E, validation would be to stop entry of info if =now()
is greater than 01/01/2005? No macros please , because it's over 200
workbooks that are emailed out and these guys would disable the macros.

Dave R.

Would this do what you want?

Datavalidationcustom
Formula:
=TODAY()<DATEVALUE("1/1/2005")

"JavyD" wrote in message
Is this possible. Can I place a validation on an entire column to allow

or
prevent data entry of whole numbers if I set the validation to accept a
change only like so.

for January - column E, validation would be to stop entry of info if

=now()
is greater than 01/01/2005? No macros please , because it's over 200
workbooks that are emailed out and these guys would disable the macros.

Dave R.

oops, use <= rather than < .. to allow entry up through 1/1/2005..

"Dave R." wrote in message
Would this do what you want?

Datavalidationcustom
Formula:
=TODAY()<DATEVALUE("1/1/2005")

"JavyD" wrote in message
Is this possible. Can I place a validation on an entire column to allow

or
prevent data entry of whole numbers if I set the validation to accept a
change only like so.

for January - column E, validation would be to stop entry of info if

=now()
is greater than 01/01/2005? No macros please , because it's over 200
workbooks that are emailed out and these guys would disable the macros.

JavyD

Dave youre a wiz, and here I'm trying to create vba for this, t hanks a
million. Now I just have to figure out a old trick that I had. To copy
these validations to over 200 workbooks in a folder

"Dave R." wrote:

oops, use <= rather than < .. to allow entry up through 1/1/2005..

"Dave R." wrote in message
Would this do what you want?

Datavalidationcustom
Formula: