-   -   VLOOKUP blows up file size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35358-vlookup-blows-up-file-size.html)

BlueTill

VLOOKUP blows up file size

Hi there,

I created an excel file "A" with an VLOOKUP to another excel file "B".

VLOOKUP seems to cache the results in the excel file "A" with the
result of additional 1,7 meg file size in file "A". :eek:

I copied only the VLOOKUP formular to a new sheet "C" (still connecting
to sheet "B", saved it and opened it with an plain text editor. In the
file are lots of data that is not visible in cell to display. :mad:

Any idea how to tell excel not to cache unsed data ???

Greets ...

--
BlueTill
BlueTill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25224