Vlookup for 2 items

Hi
I know the Vlookup formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)
Can we change the lookup value ( A2 )
To two cells
Thanks

Anne Troy

I have done this a few times. In my lookup table, I create a 3rd column,
where I put =A1&B1. This strings 2 values together.
Then you can do a vlookup for A2&B2.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mostafa" wrote in message
Hi
I know the Vlookup formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)
Can we change the lookup value ( A2 )
To two cells
Thanks

CLR

This will look up the sum of A2 and B2 in your existing table
=VLOOKUP(A2+B2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)

A new column must be added to the left side of your table with the
CONCATENATED values you wish to look up, then a CONCATENATED lookup would
be.........
=VLOOKUP(A2&B2,A5:C10,2,FALSE)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mostafa" wrote in message
Hi
I know the Vlookup formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)
Can we change the lookup value ( A2 )
To two cells
Thanks

Dave Peterson

I like this syntax:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$10,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othersheet !$b$1:$b$100),0))

--

Dave Peterson

Alan Beban

If you use values rather than cell references, something like the
following, array entered into a 2-cell row, will return the sought results:

=VLOOKUP({"ok1","ok2"},B5:C10,2,FALSE)

or =VLOOKUP({"ok1";"ok2"},B5:C10,2,FALSE) array entered into a 2-cell
column.

Alan Beban

Mostafa wrote:

Hi
I know the Vlookup formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)
Can we change the lookup value ( A2 )
To two cells
Thanks

mrwhiteboy

May I ask what is the meaning of ok1 and ok2?

THanK

--
mrwhiteboy
mrwhiteboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25255

Alan Beban

And you can, in fact, use cell references. Array enter into a 2-cell
column, e.g.:

=VLOOKUP((A2:A3),B5:C10,2,FALSE)

Alan Beban

mrwhiteboy wrote:
May I ask what is the meaning of ok1 and ok2?

THanK

They were just arbitrary values in the range B5:B10 to illustrate that
the formula works if one uses values rather than cell references; but
see my post of 4:49 this morning.

Alan Beban

jeanette.rimmer

Hi, Anne

Ive set this up so that I can pick up the pay rate from a lookup table for a
combination of contract and paying agency. I now need to multiply the value
that this look up has given by the hrs that the person worked.

Can I do this with Vlookups? and a sum?

Confused

Jeanette

news:195ea$42d641ee$97c5108d$7123@allthenewsgroups .com...

"Mostafa" wrote in message
Hi
I know the Vlookup formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)
Can we change the lookup value ( A2 )
To two cells
Thanks

Anne Troy

You should be able to, yes. Something like...

=vlookup(....)*a1
Where a1 contains the number of hours worked.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mostafa" wrote in message
Hi
I know the Vlookup formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5:C10,2,FALSE)
Can we change the lookup value ( A2 )
To two cells
Thanks

jeanette.rimmer

Thanks Anne

I didnt even think it would be that easy. You are a star

Jeanette

news:df60$42dc09e7$97c5108d$11924@allthenewsgroups .com...

"Mostafa" wrote in message
Hi