-   -   Display latest date in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35234-display-latest-date-column.html)

khuggart

Display latest date in a column

I need to calculate a date based on the latest invoice date which is listed
in a column. I've tried nested IF statements, but cannot nest enough IF
statements. Any suggestions how I can determine the latest date in a column?

Thanks in advance

Ron de Bruin

Hi khuggart

You can use the Max function because dates are numbers
=MAX(H1:H100)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"khuggart" wrote in message ...
I need to calculate a date based on the latest invoice date which is listed
in a column. I've tried nested IF statements, but cannot nest enough IF
statements. Any suggestions how I can determine the latest date in a column?

Thanks in advance

Roger Govier

Use MAX(A1:A100) where A1:A100 contain your list of dates and that will give
you the latest date.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"khuggart" wrote in message
I need to calculate a date based on the latest invoice date which is listed
in a column. I've tried nested IF statements, but cannot nest enough IF
statements. Any suggestions how I can determine the latest date in a
column?

Thanks in advance

khuggart

Thank you ... I knew there was an easy way ...