-   -   Help! Formula to find the address of particular value in sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35072-help-formula-find-address-particular-value-sheet.html)

xcelion

Help! Formula to find the address of particular value in sheet

Hi All,

Iam a excel newbie.I want to know is there any formula avaliable to
find the address of particular value in sheet.For eg if there is value
"Mark" in some cells in sheet i want to find the address of that
cell.Is it possible through formula or do i have to write UDF ?

Thanks in advance
Xcelion

--
xcelion
xcelion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16287

mangesh_yadav

To find the address, you need to know which cell the value "mark" is in.
If you know that (and assuming it is C4), then use:

=CELL("address",C4)

If you use some formula then use:
=ADDRESS(MATCH("mark",C:C),3)
here, we know before hand that "mark" lies in column C and so use 3,
and match "mark" in column C to get the row number. You could reverse
it for unknown column position, and a known row.

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386737

xcelion

Hi Mangesh
Thanks for your help.I really solved my issue and save me a lot of
time :)

Thanks
Xcelion