Phish

Default Setting formula to give info from rows with certain criteria

Okie guys,

I was trying to setup my spreadsheet for my collection of magic cards. I
have a colmun with card Names, the quantity, and the rarity (common,
Uncommon, Rare). Now I can get the thing to tell me how many rows of Common
Uncommon and Rare I have, but I need it to sum the quantity of each row of
cards that are common..ETC.

Example:
Blah1 - 23 - Rare
Blah2 - 12 - Uncommon
Blah3 - 9 - Rare
Blah4 - 11 - Common

I need it to tell me total of rare cards, but can conly get it to tell me 2
Rares with CountIf. So how do I get it to tell me 32 cards that are rare
instead of 2 (based on this example) ?

Govind

Use = SUMIF('CRITERIA RANGE',"Rare",'SUM RANGE')

Lets say your data is in the range A1 to C4 (Column B is number of cards
and column C is the rarity), then the formula would be

=SUMIF(C1:C4,"Rare",B1:B4)

Govind.