-   -   Offsetting the Rows of a VLookup Result (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35010-offsetting-rows-vlookup-result.html)

John

Offsetting the Rows of a VLookup Result

I have a two worksheet Excel file
"Gauge" is a summary worksheet of the "Results Table" worksheet.

I have measures numbered on each worksheet (e.g. "1.a.1"). I need "Gauge"
cell B8 to lookup (within Results Table cells A9:K24) results for the measure
number listed in cell A8.

The trick is that the performance results are one row below (e.g. the looked
up measure number is in row 9 but the performance results are in row 10). I
cannot place the measure number and the results in the same row (If i could
I'd use Vlookup and not be bugging you.)

I have tried everything - except what works.

Your help is appreciated.

Domenic

Assuming that you wish to return the corresponding value in Column K,
try...

=INDEX('Results Table'!A9:K24,MATCH(Gauge!A8,'Results
Table'!A9:A24,0)+1,11)

To return the corresponding value of another column, change the third
argument of INDEX accordingly. For example, to return the corresponding
value in Column C, change 11 to 3.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"John" wrote:

I have a two worksheet Excel file
"Gauge" is a summary worksheet of the "Results Table" worksheet.

I have measures numbered on each worksheet (e.g. "1.a.1"). I need "Gauge"
cell B8 to lookup (within Results Table cells A9:K24) results for the measure
number listed in cell A8.

The trick is that the performance results are one row below (e.g. the looked
up measure number is in row 9 but the performance results are in row 10). I
cannot place the measure number and the results in the same row (If i could
I'd use Vlookup and not be bugging you.)

I have tried everything - except what works.

Your help is appreciated.

Biff

Domenic, off topic, do me a favor, take a look at my post from earlier this
afternoon about #N/A.

Biff

"Biff" wrote:

Domenic, off topic, do me a favor, take a look at my post from earlier this
afternoon about #N/A.

Biff

See your post...

Biff