-   -   finding data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34994-finding-data.html)

SheriTingle

finding data

Thanks for the help. I am using Excel XP. I have a list with two columns. The
first column holds the name of a postal facility. The second column contains
the number of postal trucks entering that facility each day. I would like to
be able to go into the column containing the number of trucks and find all
postal facilities that have 5 trucks entering the facility.

VoG via OfficeKB.com

Say the number of trucks is in B1 to B9. The following formula entered in any
unused cell will do what you want.

=COUNTIF(B1:B9,5)

VoG via OfficeKB.com

I should have read the question properly before posting.

Have you looked at Conditional Formatting? Click in the first of your number
of trucks cells, Format | Conditional Formatting. Call Value Is - Equal To -
5. Then choose your formatting and OK your way out. Then click the Format
Painter button (the 'paintbrush') then drag all the way down the column.