-   -   Calculating percentages in pivot tables on subtotals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34948-calculating-percentages-pivot-tables-subtotals.html)

David Ruderman - Chapman University

Calculating percentages in pivot tables on subtotals

I want to calculate percentages of a column in a pivot table based on the
subtotal, not the column total. How do I do that?

For example:

Campus A Coded 10
Coded % 25%
Not Coded 30
Not Coded % 75%
Total Campus A 40

Campus B Coded 20
Coded % 50%
Not Coded 20
Not Coded % 50%
Total Campus B 40

Total 80

--
David Ruderman
Director of Marketing

cs02000

I've found the same problem, my work around is to ..

Use the "Page area" in the Wizard to store the primary field. This allows you isolate the data into smaller groups where the sub total of the large group now becomes the total of this subset.

I know it's not what your looking for exactly but it should get you the numbers your looking for.