-   -   renaming copied worksheets deleting .xls] (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34817-renaming-copied-worksheets-deleting-xls%5D.html)

dhl

renaming copied worksheets deleting .xls]

I am coping existing worksheets needing to rename weekly tabs.
The wkshts copy over using a .xls] name.
I cannot remove this to save properly.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Close excel
open windows explorer
Find that file.

I bet you have a [ or ] in the name of the file.

Rename the file to get rid of any/all those characters.

Then back to excel to test it out!

--

Dave Peterson

Gordon

"dhl" wrote in message
I am coping existing worksheets needing to rename weekly tabs.
The wkshts copy over using a .xls] name.
I cannot remove this to save properly.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

How are you copying the worksheets?