-   -   header row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34642-header-row.html)

nospam

header row

Hi,

simple question - I hope.

I have a worksheet with the first row that has titles for each column.

I want to be able to scroll down the worksheet but still keep the header
(first row) at the top of the screen so I can see the titles of each of
the columns.

I thought this was easy but I cant do it.

I thought freeze pane was it but that picks its own boundaries.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

VoG via OfficeKB.com

Click in A2, Window | Freeze Panes.

Paul B

freeze panes is what you want, click in A2 and then freeze pane, or if you
also want to keep some of the columns on the left click somwhere like C2

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"nospam" wrote in message

simple question - I hope.

I have a worksheet with the first row that has titles for each column.

I want to be able to scroll down the worksheet but still keep the header
(first row) at the top of the screen so I can see the titles of each of
the columns.

I thought this was easy but I cant do it.

I thought freeze pane was it but that picks its own boundaries.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Anne Troy

Hi. Here's the "rules" for Freeze Panes:

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"nospam" wrote in message

simple question - I hope.

I have a worksheet with the first row that has titles for each column.

I want to be able to scroll down the worksheet but still keep the header
(first row) at the top of the screen so I can see the titles of each of
the columns.

I thought this was easy but I cant do it.

I thought freeze pane was it but that picks its own boundaries.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Ragdyer

See if this old post helps explain things:

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt

--
HTH,

RD

"nospam" wrote in message

simple question - I hope.

I have a worksheet with the first row that has titles for each column.

I want to be able to scroll down the worksheet but still keep the header
(first row) at the top of the screen so I can see the titles of each of
the columns.

I thought this was easy but I cant do it.

I thought freeze pane was it but that picks its own boundaries.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

nospam

VoG via OfficeKB.com writes
Click in A2, Window | Freeze Panes.

Brilliant - Thanks

nospam

Anne Troy writes
Hi. Here's the "rules" for Freeze Panes:

Thanks for that.

~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com