-   -   Format to Thousands and x-foot the sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34371-format-thousands-x-foot-sum.html)

Jeanne

Format to Thousands and x-foot the sum

For Finance Department - internal purposes, we have a balance sheet printed
to the penny. For Board of Directors, we need to omit the hundreds. How do
I switch the sheet to only display the thousands and have the x-foot total
tie out in thousands?

Gordon

"Jeanne" wrote in message
For Finance Department - internal purposes, we have a balance sheet

printed
to the penny. For Board of Directors, we need to omit the hundreds. How

do
I switch the sheet to only display the thousands and have the x-foot total
tie out in thousands?

Format Cells - Custom Format and use #, as the format. Do NOT omot the
comma! This will actually round up to the nearest thousand, so you might
have the odd rounding difference.