-   -   can I format dates older than 1900 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34336-can-i-format-dates-older-than-1900-a.html)

demangeo

can I format dates older than 1900

I manage a database for my church and i ran into a problem. Can I format a
date to YYYY/MM/DD before the year 1900? I changed the format in my file but
it only affected dated after 1900.

Dave Peterson

Excel doesn't support dates before 1900.

You could just enter the date as text, though.

But if you're doing arithmetic with these dates, you could get John Walkenbach's
addin:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--

Dave Peterson